Allison Sippel Peteet, your current Treasurer, has lived in Georgetown County for 44 years. She moved to the county when her parents, Bob and Carole Sippel, purchased the Carolinian Inn. The beautiful beaches, rivers, creeks, backwoods, and marshes of the area became her backyard growing up. She quickly fell in love with Georgetown County.
Allison attended Winyah High, College of Charleston, and Coastal Carolina University.
Serving Georgetown County in the Auditor’s Office 2007-2017, Allison was the Chief Clerk. She worked closely with taxpayers and guided them through the process of Homestead exemptions, Legal Residence, Veterans exemptions, and everything that has to do with boats, aircrafts, and other personal properties. Allison made it her mission to learn every aspect of the Auditor’s Office and, thus, quickly moved up to a supervisor position.
In 2000, Allison got her Real Estate License. She is currently the Broker in Charge of Carolina Properties which specializes in real estate sales and property management.
In 1986, Allison opened the Hook, Line, and Sinker Restaurant. She trained and managed up to 30 kitchen and dining room staff at any given time, catered on and off premises, and scheduled meeting rooms. Allison also handled all the back office accounts receivables and payables, inventory, and deliveries.
Prior to 1986, Allison grew up in the Hospitality Industry working at her parent’s hotel. She eventually took on a managerial role.
Allison is married to Hugh “Hugger” Peteet. He is a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy and a US veteran. They live in Hagley Estates and are active members of Holy Cross Faith Memorial Episcopal Church. Allison has volunteered on the Vestry Alter Guild, Flower Guild, Stewardship Committee, and Communications Committee.
Allison has been very blessed through the years, and has given back in many ways. Some of her past and present community services include:
- Baskervill Food Pantry Food Drive Coordinator
- Guardian ad Litem - advocate for children in DSS custody
- Allocation Committee for Georgetown County United Way
- Habitat for Humanity – building homes
- Smith Medical Clinic – receptionist
- Board of Directors (Treasurer) for Voices for Children
- Board of Directors for Outreach Farm
- 1992 Graduate of Leadership Georgetown sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce
- Georgetown Rotary Club (a Paul Harris Fellow)
- Hagley Estates Property Owners Association Board Member
- Coastal Carolina Association of Realtor Grievance Committee
Allison started her first term as County Treasurer in July 2017. Since then, she has strived very hard bringing the office “up-to-date” and wants to continue serving the Citizens of Georgetown County.
Allison is THE BEST and MOST EXPERIENCED Candidate for County Treasurer.